This award is for a living individual who champions the principles of Safety Standdown, demonstrates their dedication and commitment to the promotion of aviation safety, inspires and motivates others through their personal actions and behavior, and possesses the traits that have contributed to the successful career of Captain Gene Cernan as a Naval Aviator, NASA Astronaut and ambassador of the Safety Standdown Program.
The Safety Standdown Advisory Council will select a winner according to the criteria listed below.
NOMINEE OR NOMINATOR MUST HAVE ATTENDED A SAFETY STANDDOWN SEMINAR.
You must give specific examples of how the nominee meets each of the following elements and made a significant contribution to aviation safety. Omission of this will disqualify them.
Nominee should be an aviation professional who meets the following criteria:
- Has gone above and beyond the minimal job expectations.
- Lives by the framing principles of Safety Standdown.
- Has demonstrated an exceptional dedication, commitment, and contribution to aviation safety through their actions and behavior.
* Professionalism * Dedication * Commitment * Courage * Passion * Leadership
- Makes a difference
- Encourages others through their personal example
- Sets the highest standards
- Makes a conscious decision to do the right thing
- Believes that good is never good enough
- Mentors others in their pursuit of excellence and professionalism in aviation
Safety Standdown Framing Principles
- Human Factors are responsible for 80% of aviation error. The risk can be eliminated by continuous knowledge-based training tailored to the individual and organization needs.
- Strong Ethics are foundations for judgment in a demanding environment.
- True Professionals will have the discipline to seek the highest standard above and beyond what the regulations require.
- Automation technology relies on proficient operation. Must eliminate the gap of inefficient procedures and systems between technology and humans who operate it.
- Safety Culture starts at individual empowered accountability.
Submission of Nomination