A nominee must:
- Be nominated by an individual within the business aviation community
- Have attended a Safety Standdown seminar (in person)
- Be employed in business aviation
- Demonstrate strong characteristics, personal traits and behaviors. (Professional contributions to aviation, leadership skills, aviation safety)
All nominations submitted to Bombardier Safety Standdown should include the following material:
- Completed online nomination form.
- Optional supporting documentation (may include resume newspaper clippings, publications and articles related to the nominee).
- If emailing nomination form, please submit:
- Contact information of the nominator and nominee.
- Safety Award criteria as outlined on the nomination form in Section 2.
- Any supporting documentation
For the 2018 award, nominations should be received by Safety Standdown no later than June 30, 2018.
The nominator must submit the completed nomination packet containing all the above to Safety Standdown and received by the deadline. If a nomination packet is received by the deadline, but judged incomplete by the Advisory Council, then the nominator may be granted an extension, not to exceed 7 days, in order to complete the package requirements. If the extension is still not met satisfactorily, then the nomination package will not be considered.
The Nomination Process:
All information is sent to Bombardier Safety Standdown representative, who compiles the information and presents it to the Bombardier Safety Standdown Advisory Council members. The Advisory Council members review all nominations and select the recipient, who is officially recognized at the Safety Standdown Seminar.