The Safety Standdown Advisory Council will select a winner according to the following criteria: The nominee or nominator must have attended at least one Safety Standdown seminar. Nominee should be an aviation professional who:
- Has gone above and beyond the minimum job expectations.
- Lives by the framing principles of Safety Standdown.
- Has demonstrated an exceptional dedication, commitment, and contribution to aviation safety through their actions and behavior.
Demonstrates the following traits: * Professionalism * Dedication * Commitment * Courage * Passion * Leadership
Consistently takes the following actions:
- Encourages others through their personal example
- Sets the highest standards for safety in their operation
- Makes a conscious decision to do the right thing
- Believes that good is never good enough
- Mentors others in their pursuit of excellence and professionalism in aviation