February 7, 2012 — Wichita
(PDF) Bombardier Aerospace today announced that it has selected Aviation Performance Solutions LLC (APS) to provide Live Upset Recovery Training as part of its innovative Leading Edge Program offered to customers of Learjet, Challenger and Global business aircraft.
The Leading Edge program is based on Bombardier’s renowned Safety Standdown program. Its principles of knowledge-based training, along with personal discipline and responsibility as essential elements of aviation professionalism and safety, offer Bombardier customers a comprehensive safety training toolkit to aid in developing a safety management, human factors and error control program, a fatigue risk management system and live upset recovery training.
“Leading Edge is the only program of its kind,” said Captain Rick Rowe, Manager, Bombardier Safety Standdown Programs. “APS joins Leading Edge veterans Convergent Performance and Alertness Solutions to provide a training program with the highest standards.”
Bombardier has brought together leaders in aviation safety training for its Leading Edge program:
- APS offers Bombardier operators a comprehensive Loss of Control in flight solutions via on-aircraft, computer-based, and advanced full-flight simulator. APS is the only Part 141 Flight School currently certified in the delivery of all of upset recovery, stall / spin and instrument recovery training courses worldwide.
- Convergent Performance, LLC, founded by Dr. Tony Kern, human factors expert and Safety Standdown presenter, provides the pilot reliability certification online safety courses and a Toolkit which assists Bombardier business aircraft operators with the Human Factors portion of their existing Safety Management System.
- Alertness Solutions offers customers a scientific approach to fatigue, providing scientific findings on sleep, performance and optimization of duty and rest scheduling, as well as multimedia presentations to aid operators in maintaining compliance of certification requirements related to fatigue.
“The Leading Edge program is unique,” said Captain Gene Cernan, Ret. Astronaut and last man to walk on the moon. “Together with the pioneering Safety Standdown annual seminar, it cautions us that there is zero margin for error, and reminds all pilots, regardless of how many hours we’ve flown, that there are no shortcuts to professionalism in the business of flying high-performance aircraft.”
Bombardier leads the way in safety worldwide
Having celebrated its 15th anniversary in 2011, Safety Standdown was originally conceived as a safety-training event for the Learjet aircraft flight demonstration team. The conference quickly gained a reputation for excellence beyond Bombardier’s customer base. In 1999, growing interest prompted Bombardier to open the event to all pilots – whether corporate, commercial or military. As a further means of endorsing the program, Bombardier has elected to offer this training free-of-charge to all participants. As of November 2011, close to 5,500 pilots, crew members, safety specialists and industry officials had graduated from Safety Standdown. Learn more at www.safetystanddown.com.
A world-leading manufacturer of innovative transportation solutions, from commercial aircraft and business jets to rail transportation equipment, systems and services, Bombardier Inc. is a global corporation headquartered in Canada. Its revenues for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2011, were $17.9 billion, and its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD). Bombardier is listed as an index component to the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. News and information are available at www.bombardier.com or follow us on Twitter @Bombardier.
Notes to Editors
- Follow @Bombardier_Aero on Twitter to receive the latest news and updates from Bombardier Aerospace.
- To receive our press releases, please visit the Email Subscription and RSS Feed section.
Bombardier, Challenger, Global and Learjet are trademarks of Bombardier Inc. or its subsidiaries.
Bombardier Business Aircraft
+1 514 898 6386